Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shrinky Dink Keychains


I made some of these fun shrinky dink keychains with my kids and one of their friends today. I drew the outlines onto the shrinky dink plastic (that I picked up from a craft store), and punched a hole in the top. Then the kids colored them in and we baked them as directed on the package. They loved watching them shrink up in the oven. After they were cool, I added the keychain hardware. It was really easy and the kids loved it. Our friend didn't want to leave when her dad came to get her. She was hoping to make another one.

3 comments:

::Traci:: said...

Wanted you to know I've become a fan of your blog! I love your creativity!

And today my blog is giving your blog some props!

Ashley Poulsen said...

What did you use to color them with? I have some shrinking plastic sheets, but can't find anything i can color them with.
You're blog is super cute, by the way!

Tonia said...

Good question. I should have left more specific instructions on the post. I used colored Sharpies - but any permanent marker will work. Just make sure that they are baked with the colored side up. Good luck!!

I'm so glad you enjoy the blog. Thanks for your comment!