Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby Food Jar Pumpkin


I have been collecting baby food jars at my house over the last few months, in hopes of coming up with some brilliant idea to use them. I finally decided to come up with a Halloween art project for my husband's 4th grade class. My boys and I made this little pumpkin by doing the following:


  1. Brush the entire outside of the jar with mod podge - avoiding the screw-top portion.

  2. Cover the mod-podged portion of the jar with a layer of orange tissue paper that has been cut into approximately 1"x 1" squares.

  3. Brush another layer of mod podge over the tissue paper and add another layer of tissue paper in the same fashion.

  4. Brush a final layer of mod-podge over the tissue and allow to dry.

  5. When dry, draw a jack-o-lantern face on the jar (hopefully you are better at this than I am).

  6. Add rafia and put on the lid (that has been spray painted green).

These, of course, could be filled with candy, or some other Halloween surprise.


My husbands class will be doing these next week. Wish him luck :)

2 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is SOOO cute! I'll be linking to this.

Anonymous said...

These are so stinkin' cute! I love modge podge!