Friday, September 18, 2009

Frugal Friday - All Purpose Cleaner




As the wife of a school teacher - I am always trying to find ways to add a few more dollars to the grocery budget. I am going to try to use Fridays to share some of the things I have found that help me save a few pennies. Maybe you will find them useful too.

I recently ran out of glass cleaner and found this old recipe laying around. I gave it a try and it works pretty well. I like the fact that it can be used as an all purpose cleaner and disinfectant as well. Sure I can buy glass cleaner at the dollar store - but this recipe cost just a few cents to make and can be used for a lot more than just glass.



Homemade Disinfectant / Glass Cleaner


2 cups water


1 cup clear rubbing alcohol


2 Tbsp non-sudsing ammonia




Mix well in squirt bottle.

No comments: